How to Die Cut 3-Color Churn Dash Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For 3-color block, cut two layers of background fabric and two layers of prints for rectangles and half square triangles. Cut one layer of fabric for the center square.
- Shape A (Center Square): Cut a 4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Cut 10 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 90 squares.
- Shape B (Rectangles): Cut a 4 1/2" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Cut 20 rectangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 160 rectangles.
- Shape C (Half Square Triangles): Cut a 4 3/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Cut 20 half square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 140 half square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Churn Dash Die:
- Churn Dash is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 3-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No measuring! Churn Dash includes three basic shapes (square, rectangles and half square triangles) that are perfect for all skill levels to practice piecing 9-patch blocks.
- Churn Dash features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Churn Dash includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers