How to Die Cut 2-Color LeMoyne Star Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- TIP: To create a 2-color LeMoyne Star Block: Cut four layers at a time with two layers of the first color, fabric right sides up and two layers of a second color, wrong sides up.
- Cut 7 3/4" x 6 3/4" rectangles. Layer two layers of the same color right sides up and two layers of a second color wrong sides up on the blades and cut. For a 2-color design, three cuts across the width of fabric yield enough pieces for three complete blocks; and one yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield 10 blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! LeMoyne Star Die:
- LeMoyne Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 2-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No Y-seams! LeMoyne Star includes three unique shapes (six total, two of each) that are difficult to cut by hand.
- LeMoyne Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- LeMoyne Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.