How to Die Cut 2-Color Snowball Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For 2-color block, cut one snowball center from first fabric color and four half square triangles from a contrasting fabric color.
- Snowball Center: Cut and fuse 7" squares. Cut five snowball centers across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 25 snowball centers.
- Half Square Triangles: Cut a 3 1/2" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 26 half square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 260 half square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Snowball Die:
- Snowball is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut two complete 2-color, 6" blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Snowball includes two unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Pair Snowball blocks with 9-patch blocks using 2 1/2" squares, or other blocks created with the 6" and 12" GO! Qube Mix & Match Sets.
- Play with fussy cutting fabric to make a fun “I Spy” quilt.
- Snowball features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Snowball includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers