How to Die Cut 2-Color Wonky Heart Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
TIP: To create a 2-color Wonky Heart Block: Cut three layers of one fabric color and three layers of a contrasting fabric color at a time.
- Cut 9" x 8 3/4" rectangles. For a 2-color design, four cuts across the width of fabric yield enough pieces for eight complete blocks. One yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield 16 blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Wonky Heart Die:
- Wonky Heart is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut six complete 2-color, 6" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No need to trim down block after each step! Wonky Heart includes 10 unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Wonky Heart features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4” seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Wonky Heart includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.