How to Die Cut Log Cabin Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For three complete 2-color blocks, cut three layers of two different fabric colors at a time.
- Cut 23" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 6 1/2" widths. Place on selected blades and cut. Cut five block sets across width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts six block sets.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Log Cabin Die:
- Log Cabin is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut three complete 2-color, 12" blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No measuring! No templates! Log Cabin includes 12 strips (logs) in a unique configuration that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Log Cabin includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy piecing.
- This die will make 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 11" and 12" finished Log Cabin blocks.
- Log Cabin includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.