How to Die Cut 2-Color Morning star Quilt Blocks:
For best results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one 2-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut three 12" x 4 1/4" rectangles and place over A shapes. Cut two 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" squares and place over B shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut three 12" x 4 1/4" rectangles and place over A shapes.
Note: You will have two extra isosceles triangle shapes for each color. Set aside for future blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Morning Star Die:
- Morning Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means its specially designed to cut one 2-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Morning Star includes 2 basic shapes that can be a challenge and time-consuming to cut by hand.
- No foundation paper piecing needed to make this classic block. Morning Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Morning Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.