How to Die Cut 2-Color Ohio Star Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For 2-color block, cut four squares from background fabric, one square from print fabric, eight quarter square triangles from print fabric and eight quarter square triangles from background fabric.
- Squares: Cut 5" strips across the width of the fabric. Fanfold into 5" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 squares.
- Quarter Square Triangles: Cut 5 3/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 3/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 24 quarter square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 144 quarter square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Ohio Star Die:
- Ohio Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 2-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No measuring! Ohio Star includes two basic shapes (squares and quarter square triangles) that are perfect for all skill levels to practice piecing 9-patch blocks.
- Ohio Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Ohio Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.