AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 255138
How to Die Cut Scallop Border Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
TIP: Scallop borders can be cut to desired length using the lengthwise grain of fabric and placing folds at the ends of the die blade.
- Die blade is 21" long and is open on three sides to allow varied widths and fan foldng of fabric over the die blade to cut longer borders.
- Four layers of fan folded fabric (with fusible web backing) can cut up to 84" of scallop or pointed borders.
- To cut longer lengths of each scallop or pointed border, cover die blades with fabric to your desired width size. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades.
- Number of cuts per one yard of fabric will vary depending on the width of the border.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Scallop Border Die:
- GO! Scallop Border cuts one scallop or pointed edge border 21" long. The width of the strip can vary as the die is designed to only cut the scalloped or pointed edge. Fan fold strip at end of blade for a continuous border strip.
- No template required. The GO! Scallop Border die includes two applique border shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for appliqué borders that are ready to fuse and appliqué. Cut four pre-fused appliqué shapes in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Easily cut borders, appliqué panels or cascade layers of fabric for dimension.
- Cut scallop border shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
Cut Size: The die cuts one scallop or pointed edge border 21" long (53.3 cm). The width of the strip can vary. Each scallop measures 3" wide (7.6 cm)
Finished Size: The die cuts one scallop or pointed edge border 21" long (53.3 cm). The width of the strip can vary. Each scallop measures 3" wide (7.6 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)