How to Die Cut Apple Core Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 7 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 6" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut six apple cores across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 24 apple cores.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Apple Core Die:
- The perfect solution to curved piecing! The traditional apple core quilt shape is an old-fashioned favorite featuring large 6 1/4" finished shapes that sew together quickly.
- No templates! The GO! Apple Core die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- No need to be afraid of curves! Apple Core features matching notches on curved seams for easy pinning and piecing.
- It’s easy to change the size of an apple core quilt by adding more apple core shapes to the length or width. Just add binding to create a beautiful scalloped border.
- Cut apple core shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly.