How to Die Cut 3 1/2" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 7 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 20 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 80 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 3 1/2" Square Die:
- Quilters love 3 1/2" squares because there are thousands of 6", 9" and 12" block patterns available to choose from.
- The GO! Square-3 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-3 1/2" includes two squares on the die which means you can cut (12) 3 1/2" squares in one pass!
- GO! Square-3 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-3 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape.
- Use GO! Square-3 1/2" to cut and sew 4-patch or 9-patch blocks. It’s also a great choice if you want to frame your quilt with a checkered border.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.