AccuQuilt GO! Tumbler - 3 1/2" (3" Finished) Die - 55015
We've given the traditional tumbler shape an upgrade with specially designed corners that make piecing a breeze. Ideal for scrappy quilts, the GO! Tumbler die cuts these pieces perfectly, every time and even goes through multiple fabric layers like a hot knife through butter.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut Tumbler Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 11" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 30 tumblers across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 90 tumblers.
- To Use Scraps: Place scraps or 5" precut squares over tumbler blade areas.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Tumbler Die:
- Tumbler quilts have long been a part of the quilting tradition. AccuQuilt has updated the classic tumbler shape with specially designed corners that make the shapes align perfectly without dog ears to trim. Sewing is quick and easy!
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Tumbler die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- GO! Tumbler-3 1/2" is a great beginner piecing shape. Tumblers are easy to make and can create interesting quilt designs depending on how the tumblers are laid out.
- It’s easy to change the size of a tumbler quilt by adding more tumbler shapes to the length or width.
- Tumblers are not just for piecing. They also can be used for applique as a flowerpot or vase! Just add your favorite GO! applique flowers.
- Cut tumbler shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers