It's hip to be square. Squares are the building blocks of quilting and this die cleanly cuts perfect quarter squares even through multiple pieces of fabric. Every time! Four quarter square triangles sewn together form an 8" finished square with the straight grain on the outside edges of the square. Use to create 8", 12" or 16" designs. This large quarter square goes well with the GO! Square-8 1/2" (55058), GO! Half Square-8" Finished Triangle (55400), GO! Half Square-4" Finished Triangle (55031) and GO! Square-4 1/2" (55060 or 55018).
View the GO! Mix & Match Quilt Block Collection Chart which shows how the GO! Hip to Be Square dies can be combined together and with existing GO! dies to create classic 6", 8", 9" or 12" 4-patch and 9-patch blocks.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in.
How to Die Cut 8" Finished Quarter Square Triangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut a 21 3/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 28 quarter square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 28 quarter square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 8" Finished Quarter Square Triangle Die:
QST Tips: Four 8" finished quarter square triangles sewn together form an 8" finished square. Two GO! Half Square Triangle-4" Finished Squares (55031, 55776) sewn on either side of GO! Quarter Square Triangle-8" Finished Square form an 8" x 4" finished flying geese unit.
- Quarter square triangles (or QSTs) are one of the top building blocks in quilting. The number of ways you can use them is endless and they are included in thousands of quilting patterns. With AccuQuilt, quilters have no more worries about cutting quarter square triangles correctly.
- The GO! Quarter Square Triangle-8" Finished Square die is the perfect size to cut your own quarter square triangles with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Quarter Square Triangle-8" Finished Square includes 1/4" seam allowances and dog-eared corners for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut quarter square triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.