How to Die Cut 4 3/4" Squares on Point:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut a 10" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 1/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 14 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 42 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 4 3/4" Square on Point Die:
Square on Point Tips: Four GO! Half Square Triangle-3" Finished Squares (55009, 55778, 55775, 55456) sewn on each side of a 4 3/4" Square on Point makes a 6" finished square-in-a-square block.
- The square-in-a-square quilt block is a classic quilting motif. It consists of a center square on point surrounded by four triangles, which frame the block and create another square unit.
- The GO! Square on Point-4 3/4" die is the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-4 3/4" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Use GO! Square-4 3/4" to cut background squares for small applique blocks, prairie points, large 4-patch and 9-patch blocks, borders and more.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.