How to Die Cut 5" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 10 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 14 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 42 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 5" Square Die:
- Quilters love precut 5" squares (aka Charm Packs) because there are thousands of Charm Pack patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Charm Packs! The GO! Square-5" die is the perfect size to cut your own Charm Packs with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-5" includes two squares on the die which means you can cut (12) 5" squares in one pass!
- GO! Square-5" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-6" a great beginner piecing shape and for making ismple square quilts for charity.
- Use GO! Square-5" to cut smaller applique background square that are all the same size!
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Packaging includes a free pattern to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.