How to Die Cut 2 1/2 Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 8" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 45 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 180 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 2 1/2" Square Die:
- Quilters love precut 2 1/2" squares (aka Mini Charm Packs) because there are thousands of Mini Charm Pack patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Mini Charm Packs! The GO! Square-2 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own Mini Charm Packs with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-2 1/2" includes nine squares on the die which means you can cut (54) 2 1/2" squares in one pass!
- GO! Square-2 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-2 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape and for making simple square quilts for gifts or charity.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.