How to Die Cut 4 1/2" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 9 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 9 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 48 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 4 1/2" Square Die:
- Quilters love 4 1/2" squares because there are thousands of 8" and 12" block patterns available to choose from.
- The GO! Square-4 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-4 1/2" includes four squares on the die which means you can cut (24) 4 1/2" squares in one pass!
- GO! Square-4 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-4 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape and for making simple square quilts for gifts or charity.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.