How to Die Cut 6 1/2" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 7" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 7" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut five squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 25 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 6 1/2" Square Die:
- Quilters love 6 1/2" squares because there are thousands of 6" and 12" block patterns available to choose from.
- The GO! Square-6 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- Cut batting squares with GO! Square-6 1/2" to use with rag squares cut from GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" (55013).
- GO! Square-6 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-6 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape and for making simple square quilts for charity.
- Use GO! Square-6 1/2" to cut applique background squares that are all the same size!
- GO! Square-6 1/2" is a great choice if you want to show off some of your favorite large print or focal fabrics.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers