How to Die Cut Half Hexagon Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 9 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4 5/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight half hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 24 half hexagons.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Half Hexagon Die:
- AccuQuilt has updated the classic half hexagon shape with specially designed dog-eared corners that make the shapes align perfectly without dog ears to trim. Sewing is quick and easy!
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Half Hexagon die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- The half hexagon lets you achieve the hexie look without Y-seams. You’ll find this die as easy as the tumbler! Try the half hexagon for a quilt that looks harder than it is.
- GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides was designed to be used with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438) and GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (55429) for endless possibilities.
- Cut half hexagons out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly.