How to Die Cut Hexagon Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Note: Dies for GO! Hexagon-9" are interchangeable with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438).
- Cut 9 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 8 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut four hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 12 hexagons.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Hexagon Die:
- Don’t be afraid of hexagons! AccuQuilt has updated the classic hexagon shape with helpful side notches to keep your bias in line which makes sewing the Y-seams a breeze.
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Hexagon die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides was designed to be used with GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) and GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (55429) for endless possibilities.
- Cut hexagons out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly.