When you need to make quick yet precise 4 1/2" strips for borders, wide binding and tote bag handles, trust the GO! Strip Cutter. The die blades are super safe yet razor sharp to easily slice through multiple layers of fabric, are 23" long and are open at both ends to cut folded fabric right off the bolt.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 255113
How to Die Cut 4 1/2" Strips:
- 4 1/2" Strips: Cut 9 1/2" wide strips across width of fabric to cut two, 4 1/2" strips. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades and will roll through the cutter first. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts seven strips.
- 4 1/2" Squares: Start with a 4 1/2" strip aligning it across die board with the 90° guide line. Fanfold into 9 1/2" widths. Cut eight 4 1/2" squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 squares.
- 45° Diamond-6 3/8" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 4 1/2" strip. Align your 4 1/2" strip across the die board to the right side of the 45° guide line.
- 30° Diamond-9" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 4 1/2" strip. Align your 4 1/2" strip across the die board to the right side of the 30° guide line.
- 60° Diamond-5 1/4" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 4 1/2" strip. Align your 4 1/2" strip across the die board to the right side of the 60° guide line.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 4 1/2" Strip Cutter Die:
- Many quilters struggle with cutting long strips for borders. The GO! Strip Cutter-4 1/2" makes it easy to cut perfect borders as well as sashing, wide bindings, tote bag handles and more.
- No sliding rulers! No miscuts! The GO! Strip Cutter-4 1/2" includes two strips that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- Ideal for scrappy quilts! Easily cut up to 6 layers of scraps or full length fabric on the die to get six perfectly cut 4 1/2" strips in one pass thru the cutter.
- GO! Strip Cutter-4 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut perfect 4 1/2" strips, then use the angled guide lines to cut squares and diamonds.
- Die blades are 23" long and are open at both ends to allow cutting of fabric that is still folded as it comes off the bolt.
- Cut strips out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.