Eliminate elbows and get perfect strips with the GO! Strip Cutter-1 1/4" (3/4" Finished). As quick as it is easy, this die precisely cuts seven strips just right for binding, sashing and borders. The blades are ultra-sharp, yet incredibly safe. Blades are 23" long and open at both ends to cut folded fabric right off the bolt. You'll love how easy it is!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in.
How to Die Cut 1 1/4" Strips:
- 1 1/4" Strips: Cut 9 1/4" wide strips across the width of fabric to cut 7, 1 1/4" strips. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades and will roll through the cutter first. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 27 strips.
- 1 1/4" Squares: Start with a 1 1/4" strip aligning it across the die board with the 90° guide line. Fanfold into 9 1/4" widths. Cut 30, 1 1/4" squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 810 squares.
- 45° Diamond-1 7/8" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 1 1/4" strip. Align your 1 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 45° guide line.
- 30° Diamond-2 1/2" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 1 1/4" strip. Align your 1 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 30° guide line.
- 60° Diamond-1 1/2" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 1 1/4" strip. Align your 1 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 60° guide line.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 1 1/4" Strip Cutter Die:
- The smaller the strip, the more difficult it is to cut accurately and the more strips you need. The GO! Strip Cutter 1 1/4" makes it easy to cut perfect strips for sashing, borders, single fold binding, crocheted strips and more.
- No sliding rulers! No miscuts! The GO! Strip Cutter 1 1/4" includes seven strips that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- Idea for scrappy quilts! Easily cut up to 6 layers of scraps or full length fabric on the die to get 21 perfectly cut 1 1/4" strips in one pass thru the cutter.
- GO! Strip Cutter 1 1/4" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut perfect 1 1/4" strips, then use the angled guide lines to cut squares and diamonds.
- Die blades are 23" long and are open at both ends to allow cutting of fabric that is still folded as it comes off the bolt.
- Cut strips out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.