There are many quilters, designers and fiber artists who use our Stitch N Wash Fusible to create breath taking applique using the "Needle Turn" technique. Our NEW Stitch N Wash Fusible sheets are cut precisely to 8.5" x 11" for your printer so you can now eliminate tracing the applique pattern and print directly onto the stabilizer! Click here for this free project/technique and create your designer applique today!
- Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery or machine stitching.
- Won't shadow through light colored fabrics.
- Eliminates countless hours of "picking" out stabilizer remnants.
- Super stable and will support about 8,000 stitches if the design is well-digitized.
To use Stitch N Wash® Fusible:
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer on to the back of the garment. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important – Use a low temp (260°F (120°C) Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to the Stitch N Wash® Fusible, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- Hoop the garment and stabilizer. Try to achieve “tight as a drum” tension.
- Embroider the design. *Tip – If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Floriani Stitch N Wash® between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Wet around the edge of the design using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 10 seconds to allow the water to activate the water soluble portion of the stabilizer.
- Tear away as much of the Stitch N Wash® as possible.
- Stabilizer remnants will wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
Showing 1 - 4 of results