Taking on big projects this year?
The Kangaroo Cabinet’s ingenuitive use of space is exactly what you need! With a removable cover on the dual hydraulic lift, easily transform your Kangaroo into a flat, flush work surface. Additionally, a cleverly hidden quilt leaf, as well as a removable supplementary cover for the large left drawer, allows you to maximize every inch of the Kangaroo’s surface.
- Quilt leaf stored on the back of the cabinet
- Expands your workspace and prevents large quilts or large pieces of fabric from pulling and ending up on the floor
- Dual-hydraulic lift
- Provides support from both sides of the lift
- Designed with gas strut mechanism
- Moves your machine into three positions: free arm, flat bed, and storage
- A removable cover is used to protect the sewing machine when in the storage position
- Removable front panel to use knee lifter
- Large left drawer with removable cover
- Remove cover for compact storage
- It does not feature doors or leaves. The sewing machine is exposed in all three positions
- Heavy-duty locking casters provide excellent portability and stability
- Optional Custom Machine Insert for a flush surface (sold separately)
- Kangaroo Sewing Furniture Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Available Finishes: Teak or Ash White
- Kangaroo II Cabinet Dimensions
- 55 ?” W x 40 ½” D x 29 ½ H
- 55 ?” W x 21” D x 29 ½” H
- Quilt Leaf
- Cabinet Drawer
- False Top for Drawer
- Sewing Machines that Fit:
- Supports sewing machines up to 55 pounds
- Width: 23 ¾” ” (left to right)
- Depth: 12 ½” (front to back)
- Height: 14 ½”
- Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of the machine.
- Made from melamine laminate and wood composite
SEWING MACHINES THAT DO NOT FIT KANGAROO II
We are aware of the following sewing machines that are too large to fit into the Kangaroo II sewing cabinet (K8805 Teak and K8811 Ash White):
- BabyLock – Destiny
- Brother – Dream VX8500D
- Janome – Horizon Memory Craft 15,000
- Please note: The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000 fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
- Elna – eXpressive 920
- Please note: The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
- The newer Bernina 8 Series models 820 and 830 are approximately 1/4″ too tall to allow the cabinet to close up fully when the machine is in the down position.
Please be advised that this list may change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.